Saturday, February 3, 2024

A New Beginning

Rebranding Lantern Shark Productions

With my first film completed, I have a better idea of how to go into my next one, as well as more knowledge on the broadness in which I can explore and implement media techniques and devices. My role as director on my previous film taught me the importance of maintaining a consistent vision throughout every stage of production to create a good film; to ensure the storyline components, sound design, and cinematography coincide with one another. Learning the basics of roles that were outside my own to better understand the process in making a good film, has excitingly raised the expectations I have for my own work and others I work with.

When researching the skill roles of my group and doing a Creative Critical Reflection, editing caught my eye the most. So, Lantern Shark Productions will be taking on a new challenge as the editor and sound designer of my next film, with emphasis on the editing journey process. My aim in editing this film is to utilize the power of turning cinematography into a higher art form. As someone with high media consumption, I want to understand the tools available to me on devices I use so often. How can I contribute to creating something that sparks interest and discussion in its audience? And how can this be done through editing and sound design? The possibilities are endless!

Photos I recently edited to exercise relighting techniques to suit a photo's mood better. I am looking forward to implement my love for editing and photography to working with videography! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Cut

The final cut of our film Intertwined! Change quality to 2160p 4k for best viewing purposes. Acknowledged music source: Lvl by Asap Rocky.