Sunday, November 12, 2023

Film Crew Synergy

Proactivity as a Group

After filming days, I reached out to my film crew in a group chat we made for open communication at the beginning of the film  more specifically to target my editor and sound designer's roles. I encouraged my editor to create a rough draft of what we had so far and send it to my group, that way myself and my cinematographer could have an idea of how the presentation is coming along, and my sound designer could start to search for sound effects and music. Doing this review together helped to develop our thought process of revision to ensure that we head into pickup day knowing exactly what the film still needs; to decide on definitive takes and what shots need to be redone, if any.


A text I sent to get my group prepared for what needs to happen next filming day. It was important to bring up to them what I perceived as missing so that my editor especially could review the takes as well and let me know.

My editor suggested revision to the planning agenda based on what he compiled as an unofficial rough draft for us to review. I decided to make the agenda collaborative so that each person from my group could freely add to it according to what would help them with their role the most.

Having a planning agenda to follow prepares my group and I to work more productively on the next shooting day and beforehand as well. With it, my editor and sound designer have begun to work on post-production needs as we go, furthering the understanding we have of our own film and its weaknesses so we can resolve them early on. Setting forth a summary of our objectives as the director for each day regarding the film has improved the way we work together and the film itself in ways I never would have expected — because when I do, I receive feedback that solidifies the planning and inspires creativity amongst my group!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Cut

The final cut of our film Intertwined! Change quality to 2160p 4k for best viewing purposes. Acknowledged music source: Lvl by Asap Rocky.